Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Just Engaged!!

 
I'M GETTING MARRIED!! Looks like I can finally start planning my own wedding, thanks to Aaron proposing to me while we were on vacation.  The picture above was taken the night after the whole ordeal went down and it's also the picture that we sent to family and friends announcing our engagement.  We wanted to enjoy our vacation and not be bombarded with phone calls and text, so we didn't tell anyone (besides my parents) until we got back to Iowa.  That way we could enjoy each other after such a meaningful step in our relationship <3


Here is how it all went down:
  We had gone out to eat on the Disney Boardwalk at the ESPN restaurant, which was delicious and we had a great time.  We took our time walking back through Epcot after the fireworks and took in all the colorful lights from all the exhibits at the park.  It was actually quite relaxing and a little romantic. :)
   When we got back to our hotel resort, we made the looong track back to our room (we had the room the furthest from the entrance).  The day before we had discovered a path that took us right up to our room, that was kind of hidden by all the trees and bushes.  Well, we were just walking and talking about how fun the vacation has been so far, when I realized Aaron wasn't next to me any more.  When I turned around I say him a few steps behind me, down on one knee underneath a streetlight.  I walked over to where he was, asking him "what are you doing?".  He simply said, "I have a question to ask you.  Kellie Anne Morris, will you marry me?"
    I of course said "YES!" and gave him a big hug.  We finished the walk to our room and neither one of us could stop smiling.  After about 15 minutes, when it final all settle in, I started to cry.  Aaron asked if something was wrong and the only thing I could say was "no, I'm just so happy that we're going to be getting married and I am going to be your wife!" The rest is history :)

 
My Gorgeous Ring!


~Kellie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment