Sunday, February 3, 2013

Something New Sunday - Garlic Skinless Chicken (for one)

I wish I would have know about this website in college - www.101cookingfortwo.com; it is FABULOUS!! :) There is a large variety of main dishes, desserts, beverages and even doggie treats (for my little Oscar).  I found it through Pinterest (of course) about a year ago, but haven't really had a chance to do anything from the site yet. This blog is also great cause they show step-by-step photos.  Well, my boyfriend is off to a Super Bowl party and I'm home alone so why not give it a try.

I had thawed chicken breast in the fridge and after picking from the over 15+ recipes (just in Chicken-Skinless Breast category alone), I selected this tongue-tied name of dish: Pan Seared Oven Roasted Garlic Skinless Chicken Breast.  I had to shorten the title not only for the blog but to remember it in my head for future reference. 

 


Garlic Skinless Chicken (for one)



Ingredients: 
   1
Skinless boneless chicken breast (well trimmed)
  
1 T olive oil
  
2 cloves garlic minced
  
salt

   pepper


Instructions:
   Simmer olive oil in pan (I used a my cast iron skillet for this dish) over medium heat. Add garlic and "bloom" for 1 minute. (I had to look up what that meant and basically it means to start to brown). Remove from heat, tilt pan and remove as much of the garlic as possible to a small cup; leaving the oil and place back over the medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste then place in pan smooth side down and sear till brown.  Remove from heat and flip chicken. Spread bloomed garlic over the breasts evenly. Take pan from stove top and place in preheated 350 degree oven and roast until internal temp of 165. This will be about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the breast (my chicken breast only took about 15 minutes to cook).  Remove from oven and pan. Let rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
  Chicken was really moist (as it should be I guess since it's cooked in oil) and the garlic added some great flavor.  I can see this ate alone (like I did today) or on top of pasta, rice or maybe even cut in slices on top of a salad. 
Enjoy!

~ Kellie Anne




No comments:

Post a Comment