Sunday, March 31, 2013

Something New Sunday - Sour Patch Grapes

I have been dying to try these spring/summer snacks, since I first saw them on Pinterest a few months ago.  I had volunteered to bring some snack items to our family Easter and I thought this would be something my niece & nephews might like since they aren't a fan of my Rotel wraps.  Boy, was I right! :) They ate them up like candy (which they kind of are) but I was happy to seem them eat them up vs. the chocolate bunnies. 

Also, this has got to be one of the easiest recipes out there, with only two ingredients.  I think next time I make this I will have some of the little ones help me, cause they all like to help out especially in the kitchen. 

All you need is some grapes and your favorite Jello packet. You can use red or green grapes and any flavor of Jello that you likeWash the grapes and while they are still damp roll, cover and coat them in the unprepared Jello powder.  Once grapes are covered, placed them in a bowl and continue with clean grapes.  Once you have used up all the grapes (or Jello, whichever one comes first), place grapes in fridge, uncovered, for at least an hour to set coating.  Snack on these yummy grapes!!
 
  Tips:  I started with just a little Jello powder at a time and added more to the bowl as I went through the pile of grapes.  Some of grapes were a little two wet and caused the powder to start to change color and consistency.  Another tip I will give: when your not serving these, keep them cold (whether its a fridge or cooler).  As the grapes start to warm up, the coating starts to get soggy. 

I now can't wait till warmer weather, cause these will definitely be in my cooler on different outings!

~Kellie Anne


P.S - I didn't have my camera, so I had to use Aaron's phone to snap shots and that is why the pictures look so much cooler then my usual blog post.  And since I'm liking the way they look, this may just become a regular occurrence. Hmm.. I wonder what Aaron would say to that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment