Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winter Storm - Triton

When it's March 10th and you live in Iowa, you have to except the weird weather. Yesterday it rained from about 3 a.m till the middle of the afternoon, accumulating about an inch. Which I'm not complaining about the rain, since we desperately need moisture in the ground with spring right around the corner. What I am complaining about is after all that rain, what do we get today to add to it...SNOW!

It has been snowing all day and it doesn't help that the wind has been blowing it around at about 30 mph. Aaron and I decided to have a lazy day, since we couldn't go anywhere (I accomplished nothing but read about half of the book I just started and he got a nap in). At about 5 o'clock, I thought it was time we actually got up and did something, so we decided to go out and play in the snow. And when I mean play, I mean with Aaron's new truck and doing donuts with it.  Oscar loved being outside and couldn't sit still while we made circles in the snow.


~KA
*Oh, and since when did we start naming winter storms?! I've vaguely understood why we do it for hurricanes, but is it really necessary to do it to a for a snow storm.  Don't worry, this is just me ranting...
 


View of my backyard from my living room.  If you look closely, you
might be able to see my parents house behind the trees
This is from the middle of the driveway, looking across the
road to where my brother was working in the cattle pens



Oscar and Aaron looking outside as drive around
testing out the roads before we start spinning out of control




No comments:

Post a Comment