Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In a world of black, be the rainbow of colors!

Most people think that as a bridal consultant my daily wardrobe would consist of black clothing. It's the color of professionals and looks sleek & strong. I don't know who came up with that rule, but I don't like it. Yes, I do wear black on busy Saturdays wear I need to look sharp and to Market, to show that I'm serious about bridal fashion.

But you see,  I love color! Wheather it's in a solid or a print (preferably a plaid print, which is my all time love), I can't get enough of wearing something colorful. The shade of the color doesn't make a difference to me either; pastel, neon or jewel tone..I'll rock them all!

Now thankfully, I work in a small-town bridal shop that allows me to express my own personality in my clothing. My boss (who is in her 50's) has great fashion sense and I envy quite a bit of things that are in her closet. We actually have very similar taste and more than once a week we will end wearing the same color to work or outfits that look like they were planned to be worn together. We always have a good laugh at that, because it's always by coincidence.

With that being said, I felt like expressing my love for color and the latest maxi trend all in one outfit today. I paired a green maxi shirt that I got at a local boutique in a neighboring town (that my boss introduced me to) with a simple white v-neck tee. It was a bit chilly out this morning when I left for work today and so I needed something on my arms.  I got this great knit, royal blue cardigan from Maurices a few months back and it did just the trick but there was something missing. I tried multiple necklaces but it just wasn't working; I needed that perfect piece to bring it all together. So, I dug deep into my scarf drawer and found one of my older scarfs that I haven't worn in years. It was perfect! It had a fun plaid print with lots of different colors in it, lightweight material which is great for indoors at work, and the fringe around the edge was just enough detail. I looped it around my neck and smiled as I scurried out the door for work.

The beauty of this look was that it has some versatility.  When I first arrived to the shop, the heat doesn't kick on right away, so it's good to have sleeves when it's only 60° inside.  I was able to take the sweater off when I was busy pressing a wedding gown and still keep a good, work appropriate look going on. Oh and a added bonus, super comfy and maybe my long Tuesday at work not seem so bad!  ;)

Well, I hope you like my outfit and can maybe create your own look that is similar to it from clothes in your wardrobe. And believe me, it's not too hard or expensive to do so.

Night!

~Kellie Anne

P.S - I'm still working on taking mirror selfies w/o having my giant phone show,  so please be patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment