Sunday, January 27, 2013

Something New Sunday - "Crack" Chicken

I am a Pinterest-addict and my boyfriend doesn't object to me trying to new recipes that I have found. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and the caption was titled "Crack" Chicken, which instantly got my attention.  Surprisingly, this was one of the first recipes that I have found off Pinterest where I actually had all the ingredients in my house.  I want to give credit where credit is due, so here is the original link where I found the recipe: http://www.mytimepassages.com/blogs/pinterest/2012/01/pinterst-winfail-bourbon-crack-chicken-crockpot-style/


“Crack” Chicken – Crock-pot Style

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless (uncooked) chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoon cornstarch

2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove crushed
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup light apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili sauce (you can use ketchup depending on your spice level)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce




Coat chicken with cornstarch.

 
Whisk all ingredients into crock-pot and add chicken.
 

Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4.

 
My "Non-Professional" Review: 
      I can see why they call it "Crack" Chicken cause it's highly addictive and I ate WAY to much of it (but that was fine, cause like I said, it was delicious).  It's also highly addictive because of how easy it is to make and if you are a looking for a easy-peasy recipe, this is it!! Literally, when everything can be mixed in the crockpot and you can walk away, it doesn't get much easier than that.
      I love spicy food and for me, this dish has the perfect amount (but you can always cut back the amount of red pepper that you use and use ketchup instead of chili sauce if you don't like spice). The raw chicken was fully cooked during the four hours and was really moist too.  The sauce does need something to soak-up all the yummy sauce and I thought that rice would be a perfect. Welp, I didn't have any so I did pour the chicken and sauce over penne pasta (but I do know next time I make it, I will have some rice to eat with it).


I'm gunna leave you with one last photo of my almost 'finished' product



Enjoy!!

~Kellie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment