Thursday, November 7, 2013

Adult Cereal for the Kid in Me

I ♥ Peanut Butter!
 
Like it's kind of my guilty pleasure, but it is healthy (kinda) so I don't get to worked up about it. My love for peanut butter started when I was little and my mom would occasionally get me Captain Crunch® Peanut Butter cereal. It was my reward if I had done good on a test or did an amazing performance at a concert.  I use to get so excited and want to savor each box till there were only crumbs left.
 
Well now that I'm 24, I get strange looks when I have to purchase "childish" cereals, like Frosted Flakes® or Fruit Loops® (two of Aaron's favorites).  So the one day a few weeks ago, I notice that Cheerios® had made a version of their cereal in a peanut butter flavor.  I thought I'd give it a shot since I had a coupon at the time (slowly turning into my mom; but hey if it saves me money, I'm all in). Eureka! I found my new favorite cereal! It taste just like peanut butter and the best part is that it's made from whole grains, so it really is nutritious! It's like the grown-up version of Captain Crunch's® Peanut Butter but with about have the sugary sweetness. Oh and it's only 110 calories per serving... boo-ya!!
 
So if you are a peanut butter lover like me, you have got to give this cereal a try! Thank you Cheerios® for making such a fabulous cereal that doesn't make me feel guilty when I go back for a second bowl. :)
 
 
~Kellie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment