Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Thankful Challenge" - November 2nd & 3rd

11/2/13 - Thankful to Blog!
I got some pretty awesome news when I checked my email account on Saturday.  I had received an email from Ore-Ida® Brand Fries.  They had seen my "Pin" floating around on Pinterest on my recipe for Onion Tot Casserole and had asked if they could use it on their own social media networks. Holy Cow; what a cool opportunity to showcase not only my creative cooking but my blog itself!! :)
Aside from all that, I think it's pretty awesome that I have the ability to freely post information about anything I want.  It can vary from fashion to finances, politics to poetry, Christianity to cooking; and I don't have to abide by any rules.  Now you won't find a lot of right-wing political rants on this particular blog, but if that is your thing you can start up your own blog and rant all you want.  And no one can tell you your not allowed to do that.  That's why I'm thankful to live in the USA, with the right to freedom of speech.

Anywho, Aaron has always thought that my blog was kind of a waste of time but when I told him this news, he actually got really excited for me and started calling me the "Potato Lady".  I think he's pretty impressed with my small accomplishment (though he wouldn't admit it). I can't wait to see what Ore-Ida®  has to say about my recipe.  Oh and if you haven't check it out yet... you probably should! ;)

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

11/3/13 - Thankful for Sleep! 
I love sleep!
 
It's makes me sooooo happy!
 
Last night was Day-light Savings time and I got an extra hour of sleep in.  Not only did I go to be early but I also let myself sleep-in.  Now that is a lot of extra sleeping.  I am not a morning person by any means and when my alarm goes off in the morning, I definitely hit the snooze button a couple of times (which usually is the reason why I am running late in the morning).  But I can't seem to remind myself to go to bed, at night, at a decent time.  I usually am up watching re-runs of shows that I've already seen a 100x or I'm creeping someone on Facebook.  Either way, it makes for a short night and every day is the same old - same old. 
 
So with Day-light Savings last night, I was able to get caught up on some sleep. And I am going to make this promise to myself right here, right now that I am going to go to bed by 9:30 every night when I have to go to work the next morning and only to allow myself to hit the snooze twice in the morning.  Let's see how long this will last ;)
 
 
 Hope everyone had a great weekend!
~Kellie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment